We have over 15 years experience moving customers to Mexico, the United States, and around the world.

We work with a network of drivers and can offer pick-ups and deliveries to almost any location.
1. Make an inventory of your household items. It does not have to be item-by-item, but we do need a full number of pieces/boxes and details of each. We can help you with your inventory, either in person in San Miguel de Allende, or we can send you a step-by-step form via email.

2. We give you a quote based on your inventory and the level of service you require. 
  • We offer a Full Moving service where we pack your items on pick up and unpack on delivery. With Full Moving, we offer an express option which will aim to get to your destination direct.
  • We offer an Economy Moving service where you can pack your own items and we deliver to the ground floor of your new house. 
3. We set the date for the moves, depending on the distance, weather conditions among other factors.  

4. We pick up your items and move them to your destination. We work with a broker at the border to present all the required documents to customs to ensure that your items cross safely.

5. After crossing the border we will drop off your shipment and either unpack (Full Moving Service) or place your boxes on the ground floor of your new home.
The exact cost of your move will depend on the total cubic feet to move, the origin, destination, level of service and accessibility of your home.

For an international move, where your home is located will give us an indication of the rate to charge per lb.
You are allowed to bring the following items in with you, as long as they form part of your household:
  • Clothing
  • Books
  • Furniture
  • Artwork (as long as not intended for re-sale)
  • Artistic, scientific or technical instruments for your profession
  • Other general household items
There are restrictions on the following items:
  • Items intended for commercial or industrial uses
  • Alcohol
  • Food
  • Weapons and firearms
  • Vehicles and pets cannot be imported as part of your household items
    • we offer these services as a separate contract
  • Copy of temporary residency application, temporary visa, or permanent visa
  • Inventory List 
    • We have a template you can use!
    • Make sure you mark each box with a number which will correspond to the list. 
    • Customs will open some of the boxes so make sure the list matches the box contents
    • When describing the contents of the boxes, just give a high-level description. For example, "household items", "toiletries", "kitchen goods", "used clothing", etc.
    • Be sure to indicate if the items are new or used
    • If you have any major electronics (TV, big appliances) please record the model number and brand on the inventory list in the description
  • Proof of Address in Mexico (water bill, electricity, home contract, etc.)
  • Copy of Passport  (picture page and last entry seal page only)
  • Copy of proof of last entry 
Your belongings are always subject to inspection at the border. However, the following items may complicate the process even more.
  • Foods 
  • Spices
  • Medication - be sure you provide us with a doctor's prescription for both medication and supplements
  • Items in new packaging
  • Large quantities of the same item - bringing items into Mexico for commercial sale is a no-no, be sure your items are only for personal use!
Yes, you can bring your US plated-vehicle into Mexico but there are some important rules to know ...

For importation you will need:
  • Title for the vehicle or a letter from your creditor indicating you have permission to bring it into Mexico
  • Temporary Vehicle Import Permit (TIP) - apply online here. You can apply up to 6 months in advance but no shorter than 10 days in advance.
  • Obtain Mexican Car Insurance 
  • License or registration of the vehicle
  • Copy of your Drivers License
  • VIN (Vehicle Id number)
  • Ensure there are no items of value in the car prior to transport
  • 16% IVA (Sales tax) will be charged at customs
Registration & Nationalization
  • Tourists & Temporary Residents. As a tourist or temporary resident you can bring your US plated vehicle into Mexico without obtaining Mexican license plates. In this case, with a TIP (Temporary Import Permit) the vehicle will have permission in the country for as long as your visa.
    • Tourist Visas - Vehicle must be removed from the country after 6 months  
    • Temporary Residents - Vehicle can remain in Mexico after expiration if Visa is renewed.
    • Tourist visa converted to temporary resident - The car doesn’t have to be removed from Mexico, you only need to notify customs within 15 days of your change of immigration status.
    • Trailers & Motorhomes - Permits for trailers & motorhomes are good for 10 years regardless of your Visa length.
    • Off-road Vehicles, Off-road Dirt Bikes & Watercrafts - You can bring up to three vehicles in this category under the same TIP as your car. Note a street-legal motorcycle is considered the same as a car and must
    • Registration Payment - Pay for TIP registration at Banjercito online or in person using an international credit card. You will be provided with a special sticker which allows the car to be legally driven in Mexico.
      Be sure to have the following documents in original and copy:
      • Passport 
      • Birth Certificate
      • Vehicle Title
      • Vehicle Registration
      • Driver’s License
      • Proof of Return of any Previous Vehicle (If applicable)
      • If you are not the vehicle owner, provide proof of your relationship to the owner (marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.) 
    • The maximum weight for all vehicles, including motor homes, is 7,716 pounds (3.8 tons)
    • If you do not remove your vehicle from Mexico before your permit expires, you will be subject to penalties and your car can be confiscated!
  • Nationalizing Your Vehicle. If you are entering Mexico as a Permanent Resident, you may not bring a foreign plated car into Mexico on a TIP. Instead, you must nationalize the car. Nationalizing the vehicle gives you permission to keep it in the country indefinitely. 
    • Permit required from the Secretary of Economy
    • Only vehicles manufactured in North America (Mexico, US or Canada) can be nationalized in Mexico
      • Vehicles manufactured in North America which are exactly 10 years old (from date of import) do not need a permit!
    • Temporary residents converted to permanent residents - If you change your residency status to Permanent resident while your vehicle is permitted by a TIP, you must take the vehicle out of the country. At that point you can choose to sell it or nationalize it for re-entry.
    • Nationalization rules are complex, reach out to a customs broker to let them handle the process for you!
Mexico's Free Zone
If your vehicle will stay in the Baja Peninsula then you won't need a permit. Learn more about the "Free Zone" in this great article by www.mexpro.com to see if this applies to you.

We receive a lot of questions regarding rules when importing motorcycles. Here’s some quick reference on what’s allowed:

  • A street-legal full sized Motorcycle is considered a vehicle and not a recreation vehicle by Mexican customs and therefore must follow the same import rules as cars.
  • Only one street vehicle is allowed for import into Mexico by person.
  • Motorcycles require a TIP for import.
    • Applying for a Temporary Vehicle Import Permit (TIP) 
      • ONLINE: You can apply online here up to 6 months in advance but no shorter than 10 days in advance. We strongly recommend obtain the TIP at least 2 months in advance of your move because processing can be delayed and the permit will be mailed to your home.
      • AT THE BORDER: You can obtain the TIP at the border however the person who is listed on the title of the motorcycle must be present to request and receive it. Only an immediate family member (Spouse, Parent, Child) can request it on the owner’s behalf. You will need documentation (original and spanish translated copy) of the proof of relationship (birth or marriage certificate), the title and registration.
  • Motorcycles can be imported by a shipper/mover without your presence at the border as long as the TIP is obtained prior to the move.
  • You may import as many motorcycles as you’d like as long as you have a TIP for each one in different names. For example, if you want to import 4 motorcycles and you don’t have a TIP for any other vehicle in your name you can obtain (1) a TIP in your name, (2) a TIP in your Spouses name, (3) a Tip in a child’s name, (4) a TIP in a parent’s name.
We request that you book at least 30 days in advance of your move in order to secure your desired date range and to properly plan your trip.
Please contact us for more information!
Yes! Give us a call to find out more information.
Please contact us for more information!
Please contact us for more information!
How Does ZOOM-A-LO make Moving Greener?

Moving isn’t exactly known for being an environmentally-friendly process. Sure, moving boxes are recyclable, but along the way most movers accumulate a lot of trash, waste a lot of materials, and do a lot of driving.  ZOOM-A-LO  uses small, highly fuel efficient vans and offers the following tips to you.   These  tips can make a pretty big environmental impact over the course of our moves.

Fortunately, it is actually rather simple to reduce your carbon footprint by embracing green moving, especially when you plan ahead. Do the planet – and in most cases, your pocketbook – a favor by incorporating these eco-friendly tips into your next move.

1. Pack in containers you already have. You’re likely always going to need some boxes for your move, but you can greatly cut down on the total amount by using containers you already have to pack up your items. These include:

Plastic Bins
  • Buying them is not recommended.
  • Not advisable for dishes, fragile items or heavy items such as books.
  • Must be wrapped with stretch wrap, which keeps them from opening or sliding around.
  • Great for clothes.
Dresser drawers
  • Only light weight things, pillows etc.
  • Heavy things can damage the drawers and makes it heavier for the loaders.
Gym bags and duffel bags
  • Great for clothes, blankets, soft items.
  • Unbreakable items are best. Nothing that can be damaged

Reusable grocery totes only as a liner
If you have an item that can fit other things inside of it, fill it up before packing it. For example, line your small bathroom trash bin with a fresh garbage bag and use it to pack items from under your sink. The more you can fit in containers you already have, the more you can avoid having to rely on purchased moving boxes.

2. Store boxes you receive throughout the year. Even though online shopping isn’t the most environmentally conscious way to stock up on what you need, it’s a pretty standard part of modern life, so may as well have the boxes your items come in do double duty. If you know that you have an impending move coming up, or if you just tend to move pretty regularly, start to keep the boxes you receive when you order packages online so that you can use them later on. Break them down and store them in your garage or basement or even under your bed, anywhere out of sight and mind until the time comes when you can use them again.

3. If you need more boxes, get them used!
Zoomalo recovers boxes from every move we do and have them available for you. We have everything you need, we recycle:
  1. Boxes
  2. Packing paper (yes it is hard to flatten out, but we do it)
  3. Bubble wrap
  4. Form packing materials
  5. Packing peanuts
  6. Wooden crate for valuable large pieces
To help you move green, Zoomalo spends the time to recycle . We have new moving boxes as a last resort and try to compile used boxes from other places first.

4. Get creative with packing materials. Unlike cardboard boxes, other packing materials – in particular the materials you use to wrap up your items for safe traveling – are not so easily recycled. You can recycle those materials at special collection points.

Before you start acquiring materials that are difficult to properly dispose of, start with what you already have.
You can use towels, (great for putting in the bottom of the boxes to protect your dishes) linens, comforters, and even clothes to safely wrap up items for packing. If you need additional materials, start with newspaper, which you can throw in your standard recycling bin.

5. Don’t pack up your entire kitchen right away. The kitchen is one of the hardest rooms to pack, and it makes sense that many movers tackle it first. But once all of your dishes and flatware are stored away, you’re going to be forced to rely on plastic plates, cups, and utensils to get by. As a better alternative, leave out just enough kitchen items to get you through the moving process so that you don’t get stuck using non-sustainable materials for your meals.

6. Do fewer trips back and forth. Try to make the fewest amount of trips possible with your move. Skip the small trips to and from your new place and focus on getting all of your items shipped on moving day. If you do plan to do some of the moving yourself, pack as much as possible into your car or van instead of doing it little by little. The less trips you can make during your move, the better.

Definitely splurge for the correct box when thinking about your favorite dishware. Using single wall boxes all-purposes boxes are not "dishpack" boxes which are double walled.

Check out this great short video for professional tips on packing dishware so everything arrives without damage!
We prepare your paperwork for crossing the border, either from Mexico to the US or from the US into Mexico.

We do require copies of sensitave documents such as
  • Passport
  • Social Security Number
  • Resident Card
  • Etc
Rest assured, these documents are only used to complete the required paperwork and then all copies are shreaded in our on site industrial paper shreader.