Why choose ZOOM-A-LO Moving & Storage?
ZOOM-A-LO Moving & Storage is based in San Miguel de Allende and was previously called Lavinia's Shipping. We have over 15 years' experience moving customers to Mexico, the United States, and around the world.
We work with a network of drivers and can offer pick-ups and deliveries to almost any location.
Find out more about Lavinia's Frames
What are the steps for moving with ZOOM-A-LO Moving & Storage?
1. Make an inventory of your household items. It does not have to be item-by-item, but we do need a full number of pieces/boxes and details of each. We can help you with your inventory, either in person in San Miguel, or we can send you a handy form via email.
2. We give you a quote based on your inventory and the level of service you require. We offer a Full Moving service where we pack your items on pick up and unpack on delivery, or you can pack your own items and we deliver to the ground floor of your new house. We do not take responsibility for breakages that may occur in boxes that are packed by the customer.
3. We set the date for the moves, depending on the distance, weather conditions among other factors. If you choose Full Moving Service or custom, we offer an express service and will aim to get to your destination direct. We also offer a shared truck delivery service where we pick up and drop off other packages en route to your home.
Full Moving Service
Find out more about our Full Moving Service.
Find out more about our Economy Shipping Service.
4. We pick up your items and move them to their destination. We work with a broker at the border to present all the required documents to customs to ensure that your items cross safely.
5. After crossing the border we will drop off your boxes and either unpack (Full Moving Service) or place your boxes on the ground floor of your new home.
How much will it cost to move?
The exact cost of your move will depend on the total cubic feet to move, the origin, destination, level of service and accesibility of your home.
Consult our Shipping Rates Guide
See the map we developed to help calculate the shipping rate by distance. It is only a guide, and the final moving cost will depend on a range of factors.
Get a quote
Contact us now for a no-obligation quote.
What can I bring with me?
You are allowed to bring the following items in with you, as long as they form part of your household:
- Artwork (as long as not intended for re-sale)
- Artistic, scientific or technical instruments for your profession
- Other general household items
What restrictions are there?
There are restrictions on the following items:
- Items intended for commercial or industrial uses
- Weapons and firearms
- Vehicles and pets cannot be imported as part of your household items